Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chocolate & Peppermint Candy Cane Cake Balls



I still can't get enough of chocolate and peppermint this year! You may remember my Chocolate & Peppermint Whoopie Pies. I thought those were melt in your mouth delicious, but I think these Chocolate & Peppermint Candy Cane Cake Balls just one-upped them. I have been popping these into my mouth one after another, I'm addicted.

If you are looking for the perfect dessert for your Christmas party, this is absolutely the one you must make! I have taken these to two parties this past week and this is the one dessert that gets completely devoured in no time!

So here's what you need:

1. Chocolate Cake Recipe: I used Maratha Stewart's One Bowl Chocolate, a box mix would work just as well

2.Peppermint Buttercream: recipe from my Chocolate & Peppermint Whoopie Pies

3.White Chocolate Candy Melts: 2 bags, you can buy them at your local craft store

4.Candy Canes: 6-8 crushed for garnish

  • Bake cake per desired recipe in a 9x13 pan. Once cake cools cut into large chunks and grind up in food processor to fine crumbs. Pour cake crumbs into large bowl.
  • Add about 1 - 1 1/2 cups peppermint buttercream to cake crumbs and mix with spatula until cake will form into a ball. Roll cake balls and place onto wax paper lined cookie sheet.
  • Melt 2 bags of candy melts in microwave per package directions.
  • Using a spoon gently place cake ball into melted chocolate and roll around to cover completely. Remove cake ball with spoon, lightly tapping off excess chocolate back into the bowl and placing ball on cookie sheet. Garnish with crushed candy cane.
  • This will make about 50 cake balls.
These are so good and I want to share them with my family, but since I promised my husband I wouldn't do any baking while we are in KY I might have to convince my sister to make these for me. Emily if you are reading this, will you please please please make these cake balls for Christmas Eve! Pretty please with Candy Canes on top?

4 comments:

  1. I love the contrast of the white against the dark! Definitely too easy to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful and I'm sure they taste as good. Perfect little holiday bites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://kranberriesjuicies.blogspot.com/2010/12/please-read.html

    please read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally made cake balls over Christmas, and what a hit! They were so fantastic. The best part about them, too, is that you can use any cake and any frosting recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails