Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday's Surprise!

Today it came...a package I had been waiting on for about a month now...any guesses what's inside?

I'll give you a clue...its a book about baking of course. Do the pictures give it away yet?


It's Bakerella's new CAKE POPS book, my very own copy! If you have never heard of Bakerella or cake pops for that matter, then stop what you are doing right this second and head over to her blog immediately. Plan to stay there a few hours too. Her cake pops are absolutely amazing and unlike anything I have ever seen before! As you can see from the cover of her book she has come up with some pretty unique creations that are made entirely out of cake, icing and candy decorations all placed on a lollipop stick.

So I'm going to give you a sneak peak inside her book, trust me you are going to want to go out and grab one for yourself. I love how the book is spiral bound so that when you flip through the pages it lays flat.

Here's where it all started with her red velvet cake balls.

She shows step by step photos of "the making of a cake ball".

And here is her very first experiment with the cake lollipop. So there you have the basics, but wait until you see how creative she gets from here.

Clown pops! Are these not the cutest things you have ever seen? I love the red candy to resemble the curly hair and using the tip of an ice cream cone for their hats, simply genius!

Babies with pacifiers. These would be perfect for a baby shower or a new mom!

I love these farm animals. I think the cows are my favorite with the one black eye.

And this is only a glimpse into the world of cake pops. There are 40 unique ideas in her book and her blog is filled with even more, you are sure to find something for any occasion. So if you want to buy your own copy of Cake Pops then head on over to Amazon and order one today. While you're there check out Bakerella's quick "how to" video as well.

Have you ever made cake pops before? If so let me know what your favorite kind to make are or which ones you would love to learn how to make!

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute and I bet taste yummy! Especially dipped in chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm patiently waiting too...can't wait to get my hands on it, it's so much work going online to her site, then I just forget and waste even more time there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow..looks like I need to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried making cake pops a few times... but always get discouraged because mine NEVER look as good as hers :( Great blog you have here :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails