Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cupcake a Week: Peanut Butter Pupcakes

Meet Tillman. This is my 11 year old baby that stares back at me all day long. Don't you just love these eyes? He's my only means of communication during the day since I work from home. He keeps me company laying beside my desk sleeping the day away, snoring occasionally while I stare at my computer for hours on end. He's got a rough life...sleeping, eating, wagging his tail, taking walks and sleeping some more. I'd love to be a dog for a day! Don't let his size scare you though, he is seriously a big teddy bear and the sweetest dog you will ever meet. He loves to cuddle and is spoiled rotten. He knows how to give you that sad puppy dog face when you are eating a plate full of food, anxiously awaiting to lick up any scraps. So I thought I would spoil Tillman a little more and make him a special batch of "pupcakes"...you know cupcakes for dogs!

These pupcakes were super easy to make and include some great ingredients like peanut butter, honey, apples and whole wheat flour. Any dog is sure to love these, Tillman sure did. I made larger size cupcakes, b/c well my dog is huge and pretty much swallowed these whole in one bite, but if you have a small dog I recommend making them as mini cupcakes!

Of course I had to document with photos Tillman's first taste of a pupcake...

A little bribery to get the drool going...

Open wide, be sure to release pupcake before your fingers get caught inside of those canines!

The entire pupcake is inside his mouth, all in one bite.

Gulp. Pupcake is gone...mmmm mmmm good!

These eyes get me every time, I just love looking at them, so precious.

Can I have another pupcake? Of course I gave in and gave him not 1 but 2 more pupcakes!

If you love your pup make them a batch of pupcakes today!

Peanut Butter Pupcakes (recipe adapted from bakespace.com)

Makes 16 standard size cupcakes

Ingredients:
-1 apple, finely chopped (I used granny smith)
-2 cup water
-1 egg
-3 cups whole wheat flour
-1 tablespoon baking powder
-2 tablespoons honey
-1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

  • Combine all ingredients in bowl except peanut butter and mix well.
  • Mix in peanut butter.
  • Spray cupcake pan with cooking spray.
  • Fill cupcake pan about 2/3 full with batter.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Another of of Tillman's favorite treats are these Honey Love Biscuits.

Do you have any great recipes for dogs? I'd love to hear about them, I'm always looking for special treats for my pup!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Tillman is so cute and what a great mom you are to make these treats for him. I will have to save your recipe to make for our golden retriever Parker. He would love these!
    Oh, and like you I wish I could be a dog for a day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I need to make my little Samson(yellow lab) some of these. I guess I am a bad mom to him...I got a dog cookbook from three dog bakery...and I have not made anything for him!

    You are making me feel really guilty :) I am going to have to make something for him!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails