Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cupcake a Week: Miette Patisserie, San Francisco

Hello friends! I'm back! I feel like I have left you all hanging in what has been a hectic whirlwind October with so little baking...which I am not happy about! I have been traveling for 12 days straight, to Chicago, Cincinnati and San Francisco with hotel stays, multiple airport layovers and delayed flights in between...so sadly that means my Kitchen Aid mixer and oven have been deprived of sugar and butter.

Although I had so much fun on all my travels I sure am happy to be back at home in Mobile for awhile now! So much has been going on and I promise to post some updates and photos of my recent trips over the next few days! Unfortunately minimal baking has occurred this month, but I promise to completely make up for that this weekend and hope to have some new fun fall recipes for you next week. I can guarantee they will probably include some pumpkin, my favorite baking ingredient this time of year!

So now that you know what's been going on with me, its time to get on with more important things...cupcakes! While in San Francisco last weekend for the Nike Women's Marathon I found a charming little pastry shop, Miette Patisserie at the Ferry Building in downtown.

There were so many gorgeous sweets to look at, I just couldn't make up my mind what to buy, but when it was all said and done, of course I went for some cupcakes!

I got two cupcakes and check out the adorable package they came in!

I decided on the Old Fashioned, a chocolate cupcake with a marshmallow meringue and a Carrot Cake cupcake. They were both fabulous! I loved the Old Fashioned because the frosting was so light and fluffy, it paired so well with the moist chocolate cake.

A peak inside the display case. Those little chocolate pies looked delish...I'm kicking myself now for not getting one!

A beautiful assortment of mini cakes and jars full of macarons.

These gorgeous chocolate wafers are what first caught my eye and brought me into the pastry shop. I absolutely love the way these are packaged!

So if you live in San Francisco or are heading out there soon, be sure to check out Miette at the Ferry Building it is so worth it!

Check back soon for more of my time spent in San Fran!

1 comment:

  1. I love Miette's! Man you are getting to hit all the good bakeries. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails