Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake

I'd like to introduce you to quite possibly one of my favorite cakes ever. It includes peanut butter and chocolate...anyone's mouth watering yet? I was looking for a cake recipe that included peanut butter and came across this amazing recipe on Smitten Kitchen. My friend VV is getting ready to move away and I wanted to make her a special cake since she is a peanut butter lover! I had made her Peanut Butter and Jelly cupcakes for her birthday before so I wanted to go a different route with a new peanut butter flavor combination this time.

When I discovered this 3 layer chocolate cake with a peanut butter icing and then a chocolate peanut butter glaze on top of that I knew this was going to be just the perfect dessert for VV!

Let me just warn you this is one RICH cake. Make sure you have a tall glass of milk to wash it down with.

I love the dripping look of the chocolate glaze over the peanut butter frosting. A double dose of icing...YUM!

VV is in peanut butter heaven with this cake! She even went back to eat more of the peanut butter icing after she finished her slice of cake.

So for all you peanut butter and chocolate lovers out there, you have got to try this cake recipe, it doesn't get much better than this! I've also used this same recipe for mini cupcakes before and they were just as delicious!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my mouth is watering! This looks amazing. VV and I share the same BP obsession! I miss all my TNT friends. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The drizzle of the chocolate glaze certainly gets my mouth watering !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the idea! It looks wonderful. I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! How could I not make it? We are making lists right now of what we need to make it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Smitten Kitchen and everything she makes! your cake looks amazing! Love your site :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails