Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cupcake a Week: Mother Goose Themed

This weeks cupcake a week feature are some recent cupcakes and cupcake toppers I made for my friend Stacie's baby shower! The theme was Mother Goose. A baby boy is on the way so I thought it would be fun to decorate in blue and yellow to match the theme of the invites. I actually scanned the Mother Goose image from the top of the invite that had been sent out and used that as the focal point for the cupcake toppers!



In addition to the cupcakes I made some red velvet cake lollipops dipped in yellow and blue melted chocolate and sprinkled with white nonpareils.

Since the theme of the shower was Mother Goose, there were 10 different nursery rhyme stations set up throughout the party. I thought it would be fun to incorporate the different nursery rhymes into the lollipops by typing them up on paper and then tying them with a ribbon.

Stacie's baby is due Sept 11th and the name is yet to be revealed, these parents are doing a great job at keeping it a secret!

4 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails