Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Pink, Orange & Yellow

Pink...Orange...Yellow
Fun Vibrant Colors
Be creative, no expectations
Square cake
Flavors: Yellow with Oreo cream cheese filling
Needs to transport a couple of hours in the car (uh oh...I've never made a traveling cake before)
Happy 25th Birthday Erin

These were the instructions I was given for one of my latest cake decorating adventures.

So I started off with a 50/50 mixture of gumpaste and fondant. I tinted the mixture 3 colors: pink, orange & yellow and then cut out circles of 3 different sizes.

Next I used a toothpick and rolled it around the edge of all of the circles to create a ruffled look.

All 3 circle sizes are ruffled and ready for layering. Any ideas as to what the final cake will look like?

Tada! The final cake! I thought it would be fun to create ruffled flowers all the same color and then some using the 3 color combo for variety.

Since the cake shape was square I thought an alternating orange & yellow square border would work well along the edge with a dab of pink buttercream in the center of each square.

Keeping with the square theme around the base, I decided to write the birthday message on squares on top of the cake. It kind of gives the cake a "scrabble" like feel.

Erin actually ordered this cake for herself to take home and share with her family for her birthday over the 4th of July weekend! I hope everyone enjoyed the cake!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cake ~ love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OREO CREAM CHEESE FILLING???? I would be in HEAVEN!!
    I vote to make cupcakes like that for this week and I'll but them from you!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails