Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Well summer seems to be flying right on by and this is the first time I have made homemade ice cream! What have I been waiting for! I decided it was finally time to break out the old ice cream maker and whip up a nice cool treat for after dinner dessert since July is National Ice Cream Month. I am a huge ice cream fan, I love all flavors, especially the ones with chocolate and chunks of stuff whether it be nuts, chocolate chips, cookie dough, or candy bars.

Recently I discovered a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Heather at Multiply Delicious. I first found Heather's blog when I entered the Real Women of Philadelphia Competition and submitted my recipe for Jammin' Strawberry Cream & Chocolate Cupcakes. During the competition I discovered so many amazing blogs by women who love to bake and cook all over the country and I have been following several of them ever since. I just love getting recipe ideas and inspiration from other blogs.

I am so excited about my latest find at TJMaxx...this set of 4 ice cream bowls & spoons in fun vibrant summery colors for only $4.99. What a steal! I love shopping around for fun props to display my food in and TJMaxx is a great go to place for unique and cheap items. These bowls were absolutely perfect for serving up this batch of ice cream!

So if you are looking for a fun summer ice cream recipe that doesn't take much prep time this is a delicious recipe and sure to be a crowd favorite!

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (adapted from Multiply Delicious)

-1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
-1/2 cup granulated sugar
-1/2 cup light brown sugar
-2 cups heavy cream
-1 1/2 cups milk
-1 1/2 tsp vanilla
-3/4 cup chocolate chips

  • With an electric mixer beat peanut butter and sugars until creamy.
  • Add milk and mix for 1-2 minutes.
  • Mix in heavy cream and vanilla extract.
  • Pour mixture into the bowl of an electric ice cream maker. (I have this Cuisinart ice cream maker)
  • Follow the directions on the ice cream maker and cream mixture for about 25-30 minutes.
  • In the last 5 minutes of mixing, stop the ice cream maker, stir in the chocolate chips.
  • Turn ice cream maker back on and continue mixing for 5 minutes.
  • Ice cream will be the consistency of soft serve and will be ready to eat right away.
  • For a more firm consistency ice cream transfer the batch to a plastic container and place in the freezer for a few hours or overnight.
Are you planning on making some homemade ice cream this summer? I'd love to hear what your favorite flavor is!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! Looks delicious! I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did in my house. Love the bowls too!
    By the way the cookie dough ice cream looks amazing and I may have to try this over the weekend. Then again that would require some extra miles running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds and looks fabulous! Icecream is my next recipe to conquer, so thanks for inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious! I will have to get our ice cream maker out of hibernation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Homemade ice cream, what a tasty treat this will be.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails