Happy Dec 9th! Cinnamon Sugar Pecans are one of my all-time favorite holiday treats. With only a few simple ingredients and an hour of baking these pecans are so yummy you should definitely add them to your list of holiday sweets! Place a handful of these nuts into a decorative tin and they would make a great party favor or stocking stuffer!
The pecans are soaking up the cinnamon sugar mixture after being coated with egg whites.
Cinnamon Sugar Pecans
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 pound pecan halves
1 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Grease one baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Add pecans to egg white mixture, stir to coat the pecans evenly.
- Remove the pecans and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated.
- Spread pecans out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Your kitchen will definitely smell like Christmas while the pecans are baking with the aroma of cinnamon filling the air.
Hot pecans right out of the oven!