Happy Dec 13th! I can't believe the weekend is already over and its time for Monday again! So to start the week off right I wanted to bake a batch of another one of my favorite Christmas cookies...Hershey's Kisses Peanut Butter Blossoms. I just love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
Start off by unwrapping one of the best pieces of chocolate ever, Hershey's Kisses.
Prepare the peanut butter dough, roll into balls and coat in sugar.
Bake the peanut butter balls and immediately after you pull them out of the oven, place a Hershey's Kisses in each of them. The warmth of the dough allows the kisses to set to the cookie. If you pop one of these in your mouth while they are still hot, the chocolate just melts in your mouth. Delicious!
I love the sparkle of the sugar crystals on these cookies.
Hershey's Kisses Peanut Butter Blossoms
48 Hershey's Kisses Milk Chocolates
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl. Add 1/3 cup granulated and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a KISSES Chocolate into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.