Monday, February 4, 2013

Sam's Nursery



I have been getting a lot of emails lately from expecting moms about Sam's Nursery that was featured on Baby Lifestyles last year. So I figured I would go ahead and do a non-baking related post today and instead showcase my little boys nursery and all the details that go along with it! This is honestly my absolute favorite room in our house. The fun patterns and bright colors bring me so much joy and definitely bring a smile to Sam's face every time he is in his room! I can't believe he will be ONE at the end of March. Boy how time sure does fly.

I hope you enjoy the pictures of Sam's lime, turquoise and orange nursery! It truly is a mix of old and new pieces, with a modern twist and I just love how everything came together. My goal was to create a room that reflected both mine and Randolph's personalities. I wanted a unique space, something that felt like it was created with lots of love and DIY projects. Since we live in the south and Randolph LOVES to be on the water..he will fish and go crabbing any free chance he can get I wanted to add a small touch of things that Randolph loves to do and can't wait to share with Sam some day in his room. So the crab accents in the picture frames and pillow and the fishing pole lamp turned out to be absolutely perfect.

A detailed list of all the sources with links is provided at the bottom.




 
Paint Color: Polished Sliver by Valspar from Lowe's

Glider & Ottoman: Siegel's Baby Room 
Crib: Siegel's Baby Room 
Dresser/Changing Table: Charles Phillips Antiques, custom painted by Audrey Phillips Paint and Design
Side Table: Cotton City Antique Mall, Mobile AL
Wall Frames: found at 2 local antique stores - Midtown Antiques & Cotton City Antique Mall, Mobile AL
Yarn Letters: DIY Project - bought the wood letters at Hobby Lobby and orange yarn from Michael's
Fabric: Carousel Designs
Curtains: Handmade by my step-mom (Lime & White Zig Zag Fabric)

Crib Skirt: Handmade by my step-mom (Lime & White Zig Zag, Lime Organic and Tangerine Fabric)

Quilt: Handmade by my dad (Lime & White Zig Zag and Tangerine and White Minky Chenille Fabric)

Pillows: Handmade by my step-mom (Aqua & White Zig Zag, Aqua Organic and Tangerine Fabric)
Toy Basket: liner was handmade by my step-mom (Aqua & White Zig Zag)
Fishing Pole Lamp: Gift from my step-mom, she bought the lamp at Hobby Lobby and then covered the existing plaid shade in aqua fabric to match the nursery
Baby Age Blocks: Montana Vintage Greens on etsy
ABC Print: Trendy Peas on etsy (size 16 x 20), bought the wood frame from Hobby Lobby and had the print matted in the frame at Michael's
Crab Art: DIY Project - had the white Pottery Barn Frames from our wedding, bought the wooden crabs and orange paint from Michael's
Diaper Caddy: Michael's
Green Lamp: Target
Plush Stacking Toy & Striped/Polka dot Plush Dog: gifts from Auntie Em


Hope you all enjoyed a peak into little Sam's nursery! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails