Monday, February 25, 2013

1 more month... {Party Planning}


Today my little guy is 11 months old! I can't believe he will be ONE year old on March 25th. This has been the fastest, most tiring, but truly amazing year of my life and I can't wait to celebrate little Sam's first birthday next month. As you already know from last month, the party plans for Sam's first birthday are well underway. The theme has been decided...Mustache & Tie. Colors have been picked, and decorations are being bought little by little to "tie" everything together into one hopefully super cute little man party!


I promised I would share some pictures along the way as things come together and I'm excited to share the behind the scenes photo shoot for Sam's birthday invitations! These photos were taken in his nursery I just moved the crib out of the way so I'd have a large wall to photograph against.

I saw this birthday party invite on I Heart Naptime and immediately wanted to use the same chalkboard idea for Sam's invitations. We had an old frame from our attic that we painted aqua and turned into a chalkboard frame with chalkboard spraypaint. I plan to use this chalkboard the day of his party as well for the dessert table. My original plan was to photograph the chalkboard, balloons, the cupcake and Sam in the same photo for the invite. But after a few trial shots, I quickly realized the cupcake was not going to make an appearance in the same photos as Sam b/c well he is a wild child that is on the go. As soon as we sat him down he was on the move crawling left and right and straight towards me while I was trying to take the pictures. So basically 50 shots later I wound up with pretty much the few decent photos you see here.


I love this photo I caught of him on the move! He has the sweetest blue eyes and little mouth!


So to replace the cupcake idea, I quickly improvised and added a mustache to a popsicle stick to give Sam something to hold on to so he would sit still for a few seconds so I could snap some shots. But that quickly turned into pulling the mustache and stick apart and trying to eat them both and laughing about it.


How cute is that little face! This was the winning shot of the day! And you can even see his little tie onesie I ordered from Chic Couture Boutique on etsy.

Sam's invitations are going in the mail this week! I will be sure to show you at least one or two more sneak peaks of the behind the scenes party planning in the coming weeks!

Stay tuned for Sam's girlfriend, Cora's 1st Birthday party I helped with a few weeks ago! It's lots of pink and green and polka dot fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails