Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Heart Rice Krispies Treats
If you are in need of a last minute Valentine treat for your kids to take to school, look no further! Who doesn't love a good old fashioned Rice Krispies Treat! A no bake recipe that really can't get much simpler, and I'm sure you all have a bag of marshmallows on hand, right? So whip up a batch of these crispy marshmallow treats, add a few Valentine's sprinkles and cut out some hearts! What a sweet treat for all the kids.
Oh Valentine's sprinkles, how I do love you!
Cut out hearts alternating the shape upside down and right side up to maximize the number you get from the pan.
Look at all those yummy scraps that will be left over for munching on after you cut out the hearts!
Package in a plastic bag and tie with a cute ribbon and you've got a super sweet Valentine treat!
Rice Krispies Treats
(makes 18 hearts)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 (16 oz) bag mini marshmallows
9 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
1. Prepare large cookie sheet with parchment paper and grease with butter.
2. Melt butter and marshmallows in large pot over medium heat on the store. Stir occasionally until marshmallows are completely melted.
3. Pour Rice Krispies into pot and stir into marshmallow mixture.
4. Spread Rice Krispies onto prepared cookie sheet and flatten with spatula.
5. Decorate with Valentine's Sprinkles.
6. Allow Rice Krispies Treats to set up for about an hour.
7. Cut out heart shapes.
8. Package in plastic bags and tie with ribbon.
Happy Heart's Day!