This first recipe is a spin off of the traditional pumpkin pie! After all, is it really Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie? I'm excited to share with you my mini pumpkin pie pop! I don't know about you but my favorite part of any pie is the crust, so this pie pop is fantastic b/c you get double the crust and tons of cuteness! I guarantee any kid will want to take a bite out of one of these!
So let's get started on the assembly!
Roll out refrigerated pie crust and cut out circles.
Sprinkle crust with a cinnamon & sugar mixture! This takes me back to my childhood, sometimes my mom would pull a pie crust out of the fridge and sprinkle the entire thing with cinnamon & sugar and bake it up. She would cut it into triangle slices like a pizza and we would eat it for dessert! Yum!
Next add a small dollop of pumpkin pie mixture. You don't want too much or the filling will squeeze out the sides when you put the top crust on.
Place a lollipop stick on top of the pumpkin pie filling.
Place another pie crust circle on top to close off the pie.
Take a lollipop stick and gently press all the way around the edges to seal the top and bottom crusts together.
Pies are sealed and ready to add a little personality!
Use your excess pie dough to create some pumpkin faces, the kids will go crazy over these! Pop these babies into the oven to bake and then it's time to eat pie!
You can dress up the pie pops with some colored ribbon!
Pumpkin Pie Pops (makes 32)
-2 boxes Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts (4 crusts)
-1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 cup sugar
-1 egg white, set aside for brushing tops of pies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out pie crusts, using circle cutter make circles for top & bottom of pies.
- Combine pumpkin, cinnamon, egg and sugar in a bowl and mix.
- Place pie circles on baking sheet, evenly spaced apart for baking.
- Place small dollop of pumpkin pie mixture on pie crust.
- Place lollipop stick on top of mixture.
- Place another circle of pie crust on top to seal the pie.
- Using the tip of a lollipop stick gently press around the edge of the pie circle to seal the top and bottom crusts together.
- Brush tops of pies with egg white.
- Using extra dough cut out pumpkin faces and stick on mini pies.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden brown.