It's that time a year again when you start thinking of creative ideas to show your LOVE for others with Valentine's Treats! Here is a super simple DIY project that you can do to create your own homemade valentines! I found these 3 different rolls of printed paper in the dollar section at Target...what a steel!
DIY Valentine's Cans - Materials Needed
- aluminum cans
- wrapping paper, construction paper, scrapbook paper to cover the outside of the can
- hot glue gun
- First take your aluminum can and measure the height.
- Cut a piece of wrapping paper that measures the same height of your can off the edge of your roll. Then simply tape one end of the paper to the side of your can and wrap the paper around until it overlaps with the other side and cut off any excess paper and secure this end with a piece of tape.
- To embellish the top and bottom of the can cut a piece of ribbon and using a hot glue gun squeeze glue around the edge of the can and secure your ribbon in place.
- Then using some construction paper cut out a heart shape and add some fun Valentine's messages for your loved ones!
Once you have finished decorating your cans the possibilities are endless....you can fill them with sweet goodies for your loved ones, use them as a fun pencil holder on your desk, send them to school with your kids to use as their Valentine's holder, or use them as a decorative centerpiece for a party!