What do you do with all those left over candy canes now that Christmas is over? Make Peppermint Ice Cream and Chocolate Dipped Crushed Candy Cane Ice Cream Cones!
This recipe is truly the easiest no fuss ice cream recipe I have ever come across and you don't even need an ice cream maker! Why is it so simple? It only involves 2 Ingredients! I know it sounds crazy, but it is absolutely true and perfectly delicious! I have seen "2 Ingredient Ice Cream" on several blogs before and it's been on my "to try" list for some time now. Well with an abundance of candy canes left over from Christmas I thought peppermint ice cream would be the perfect cool treat since I've done my fair share of eating cookies and cakes these last few days! And since you can't have ice cream without a cone, well of course a chocolate dipped cone with crushed candy canes is a necessity!
So grab some chocolate and melt it in a bowl. Dip the top of each cone in the melted chocolate.
Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top of each chocolate dipped cone.
Simple. Festive. Delicious.
I'm thinking white chocolate dipped cones would also be equally amazing!
Now that the cones are made, let's focus on the ice cream. All you need is 2 ingredients: heavy cream + sweetened condensed milk. Beat the heavy cream until stiff and then fold in the condensed milk. Stir in your favorite toppings - crushed candy canes & peppermint extract is what I used. Freeze for 6 hours. It really can't get any easier than this and honestly still tastes rich and creamy like any ice cream you would find at the store or from your favorite ice cream shop!
Scoop ice cream into a bowl and sprinkle with more crushed candy canes!
Or serve with a chocolate dipped cone!
2 Ingredient Peppermint Ice Cream
(inspired by Eagle Brand)
2 cups heavy cream
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
20 crushed mini candy canes
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1. Place heavy cream in bowl of stand mixer. Using whisk attachment beat on high for about 1-2 minutes until stiff.
2. Fold in sweetened condensed milk.
3. Add in crushed candy canes and peppermint extract. (Or any other mix-ins you prefer)
4. Place ice cream in a plastic container with a lid and freeze for 6 hours.
Chocolate Dipped Crushed Candy Cane Ice Cream Cones
1 box sugar cones
8 oz chocolate candy bark
10 crushed mini candy canes
1. Place chocolate candy bark in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 90 seconds and stir. Continue microwaving at 15 second intervals stirring after each until chocolate is melted and smooth.
2. Dip top of sugar cone in chocolate.
3. Sprinkled crushed candy canes on top.
4. Place dipped cone on a piece of wax paper to harden.
5. Serve with Peppermint Ice Cream.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe! This is definitely one that I will be keeping on hand to try with different mix-ins! What is your favorite ice cream flavor?