Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cake Pop Lovin!

Happy February! It's the month of LOVE so it's only fitting to kick it off with a few things I'm lovin' right now!

#1 - My blog redesign! Do you all like the new look? I figure with the new year it was time to give CIS a facelift, and I'm lovin the new colors, fonts and custom design feel! A big thank you to Marina at Penny Lane Designs for a fantastic job! If you are looking for a blog makeover, PLD is a great place to start! Marina's portfolio is full of a wide array of designs, colors, fonts and styles, you will be sure to find inspiration. Her turnaround time is great, she is a pleasure to work with and her pricing is so affordable! Go check PLD out!


#2 - Cake Pops! Can't go wrong with cake on a stick! Especially chocolate cake with pink & red sprinkles! I just got finished teaching 2 friends how to make cake pops and we had so much fun. I love being able to pass on the tips and tricks I have learned throughout my baking adventures!


# 3 - My Birthday month! I will be entering the last year of my 20s on the 15th! For the past two years I have run a half marathon on the actual day or weekend of my birthday and this year will be no different. I am heading to Jacksonville in two weekends to run the Breast Cancer Half Marathon. I am so thankful to be healthy and capable of running. I know some people think I'm crazy, but really there is nothing I like more than to run a race on my birthday. It's the present I give to myself, and a tradition I hope to continue for years to come! Plus after 13.1 miles I can indulge in as much birthday cake as I want!

Looking forward to a wonderful month full of sweets & treats and red & pink!

7 comments:

  1. Lauren thank you for checkin out my blog : ) Yours is adorable! LOVE the look! Im off to go check out all your yummy recipes! Thanks for accepting my friend request over at Tasty Kitchen : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found you so I don't know what your blog looked like before but it looks very nice now. I'm in the process of planning a site redesign, so I'll check out the firm you hired. These cake pops look delicious! And I love your Elmo creations in your previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for teaching me the tricks! I had a blast and my students absolutely loved them the next day! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adorable and, of course, look so yummy! Your blog design looks gorgeous, Lauren--I love the colour-scheme, the layout,and just the overall sweet-but-clean vibe! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is adorable! And the cake pops look yummy. I really have to get around to making those some day. Whenever I have left over cake scraps, my kids eat them. I hope you have a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails