Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Dessert Table


Happy Halloween! Here are some pics of the Halloween Dessert Table I created for my friend Jennifer's costume party! I got the inspiration for this dessert table from Amy Atlas Events, she does some amazing stuff! Check out her dessert table from last year here. I love everything on her website, she is so talented and all her tables are to die for yummy!

Here's the behind the scenes of how my dessert table came to be:


This is my bag of "tricks" to create all my "treats"...white & milk chocolate, sprinkles, food coloring, lollipop sticks, candy corn, Reese's Pieces, black licorice, sugar cones.

Dessert Table Menu:
-Ghost Lollipops
-Pumpkin Lollipops
-Chocolate Dipped Pretzels with Sprinkles
-Chocolate Dipped Cake Balls with Sprinkles
-Orange Candy Corn Bars
-Wicked Witch Cupcakes


All the baking has been done, it is time to start decorating.



Brownie molds that will turn into Ghost Lollipops dipped in white chocolate.



Ghost pops awaiting to have their scary eyes & mouth added.


Ground up chocolate cake mix that will be used to create Chocolate Covered Cake Balls with Sprinkles & Pumpkin Lollipops. I used the "One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcake" recipe found in Martha Stewart's Cupcakes book. Click here for the recipe.


Once the cake was ground up in the food processor I added a container of chocolate icing and mixed it together so they would form nice balls.


I first found the idea for cake balls & cake pops from Bakerella. Check out how to make them in more detail here. The possibilities are endless for cake balls & cake pops, just pick your favorite cake flavor and let your imagination run wild with how you decide to decorate them.


The cake balls were dipped in Ghiradelli chocolate and then sprinkled with orange, yellow & brown jimmies.


Pumpkin lollipops dipped in orange candy melts.


Pumpkin & Ghost lollipops painted with chocolate tube icing.



Chocolate Dipped Pretzels with Ghiradelli chocolate and orange & black sprinkles.


And my absolute favorite dessert of all...Wicked Witch Cupcakes. Who better to come up with such a cute idea than Martha Stewart herself...check out the recipe and decorating details here.


To decorate the cupcakes you need: 2 Reese's Pieces for eyes, candy corn nose, black licorice for hair and eyebrows and sugar cone hat.

Let the party begin! Check out some close ups of the final dessert table! I wanted to stick with the traditional orange, yellow & black color scheme so I had been keeping my eye out for a few weeks for serving pieces that would fit my color pallet. I found the black cake pedestal from Hobby Lobby, the 2 white plates from TJMaxx, and the orange & black pails from Target. I got the black spooky tree and the Happy Halloween banner from Michaels. Everything else you see on the table was a DIY project. I bought some yellow and black wrapping paper and just covered some boxes I had around the house to use for my cookie, lollipop and cupcake platforms. Then I reused some old canned good cans and just tied a cute orange ribbon around them to put the pretzel sticks in. The tree is sitting on top of an empty oatmeal conatiner that I wrapped in black paper as well. I love being able to re-purpose things that you can find around the house in a creative way.



How cute are these Orange Candy Corn Bars! My friend Robin sent me this recipe and I just had to try them. This is basically a homeade sugar cookie bar with layers dyed with yellow and orange food coloring to resemble a piece of candy corn. Check out the recipe here.


Jennifer, the host of the party made her famous sugar cookies in the shapes of pumpkins and bats. So cute!







And now it's time for the costume pictures...here I am as Olive Oyl standing by my dessert table.



Here I am with my husband as Popeye and Olive Oyl. Everyone always called me Olive Oyl in high school, I guess because my legs are so long, so when my husband suggested these costume ideas, I couldn't resist. He was having a blast showing off his muscle arms and spinach face smirk last night!


Here are the party hosts, Jennifer as a Geisha girl and her husband Brian as Big Bird...Hillarious! That brings back some childhood memories of Sesame Street.


My friends Molly as Amelia Earhart and Paul as a NERD.


Hope you all had a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome dessert table!!! I love absolutely everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is too cute to eat. Keep sharing your talents. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever set-up. looks like a great party!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails