Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Countdown to Christmas Day 16: Candy Wreaths


Happy Dec 16th! Today's holiday treat doesn't require any baking what so ever but it does require a little bit of patience! Candy Wreaths are a super cute and fun way to decorate your house for the holidays and enjoy a sweet treat at the same time...you can't help but peel the candy off the wreath one by one and eat a piece, or two, or maybe three everyday. After all, these wreaths are made to be enjoyed too not just for looks.

I first discovered candy wreaths when I was a little kid. My cousin Betsy would get a candy wreath every year at Christmas time with all kinds of assorted candy on it and I thought it was the coolest thing. My favorite candy to eat off the wreath were the Brach's Nougat...which are basically a soft round taffy like peppermint that is red & white striped with a green Christmas tree in the middle. Those candies just melted in your mouth, they were so good!

Last year I wanted to see if I could make my own homemade candy wreaths so I started to do some research online to see how they were made. Sure enough, I came across a YouTube video of a lady demonstrating making a wreath. For step by step instructions to make your own wreath check out this video. All you need are a few simple materials that you should have around your house and your favorite type of candy.

I made 6 different varieties of wreaths that you can see from the photos below and they all turned out so cute! I sold some in a fundraiser and gave away some to friends and family.


Starlight Peppermint Wreath


Brach's Nougat Wreath (This is my FAVORITE!)


Jolly Wrancher Wreath


Chocolate Tootsie Roll Wreath


Assorted Candy Wreath (cinnamon, butterscotch, peppermint, jolly rancher, smarties)


Super Bubble Gum Wreath

This is a super fun and easy holiday craft that your kids can even help you make. Candy Wreaths make great presents for teacher's classrooms, holiday decorating, or giving as a present!

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails